Big Book Media

We hope you enjoy reading our blog from Big Book Media, we write from our shoots in Morocco where we are currently filming the Gospels. We have been out on three shoots already and the footage is up on our website - http://www.bigbookmedia.com/. We are going on our next shoot shortly so Shoot Four News will be along soon.

In the meantime we have details of what we are doing in the UK between shoots, we have an office in Brighton where the blog comes from when it's not from Ouarzazate - two very different locations!

Thanks for reading.

Big Book Media

Powered By Blogger

Filming the Gospels

Filming the Gospels
The Team in Ouzarzazate, Morocco

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Cutting Crew

Hi all, my name is Tim and I am the Editor for Big Book Media.
I have been out on the shoot since last week, I am based in Ouzarzazate and have set up an edit suite in my hotel room. I am been working on the shot footage while the rest of the crew have been down in Tamougalt filming more footage.

When I am with the crew on set my work day starts with chatting with David the Director and Ben the DOP about the best camera angles and cut point options on what we will be filming that day. I then check the grading of the film with Deane the DTI and the wild tracks with Karim our Sound Recordist. I also help hump the camera gear and other set equipment around and have also done a bit of French translation where needed!

Where I have been working on the shot film in my portable edit suite! I have spent my time assembling t
he footage, added some guide music to give an idea of what the final footage will be like once completely edited back in Brighton. The footage is looking REALLY good - the faces and locations have a real authenticity and charm and i think the feel of the cut piece is already startlingly good.
My photos below show our Moroccan Crew (and Katy) in a couple of group shots at the end of a days work. The shot in the back of the truck is 'The Grips' dancing and waving from the back of their truck! The days are so hot and heavy here and everyone is doing a great job working in thi
s intense heat into the evening.

Tomorrow we are going to shoot in the oasis where Jesus is being baptised.

Thanks for reading, Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment